Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ZenMap GUI no longer in Windows pre-compiled binaries?

From: Ben via dev <dev () nmap org>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 12:19:25 +0200

@Gisle Vanem

Hmm, thats not completely true.
Maybe running with pure Python is ONE way to use ZenMap GUI.

If I look on my current nmap installation v7.93 (on windows) then there IS a zenmap.exe in the installation directory.

I virus-checked the .exe, put it into *.zip file and attached it.

Since I plan to run nmap portable from USB flash drive and don't want to leave traces (like new, extra Python
installations)
I prefer to have as much Python independent parts as possible.
So I would appreciate to have an *.exe

Unfortunately I cannot simply copy this *.exe file to new installation directory v7.95.
It does not work any more. I get an error

"The specified module could not be found.
LoadLibrary(pythondll)failed"

I guess a helpful developer put all needed Python parts together and compiled tem into an *.exe.

Does someone know where I can get the newest ZenMap.exe?

I don't remember where I get it from the last time (for v7.93)

Thank you
Ben