Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ndiff python3 port

From: Eli Schwartz <eschwartz () archlinux org>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 13:37:29 -0400

On 5/21/20 1:13 PM, Bryan Quigley wrote:
Hi!

I was hoping to get a review of my ndiff python3 port here -
https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/1807  .  It's already included in
Debian/Ubuntu and OpenWRT.

Thanks!
Bryan

Aside: I haven't done much to look at the zenmap port, but I am
considering it - and if a fresh implementation might be easier.

Thanks to Gordon for rescuing this email!

I submitted https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/1972 myself in the hope of
unblocking things a bit by porting to python2/python3 polyglot code.

It's broken up into patches with explanations, and should be very easy
to review, and uncontroversial as well since it doesn't force anyone to
upgrade to python3 before it's fully ready.

It would be great if these patches were merged as preparatory work. They
solve python3 issues across all of the python code in nmap, and not even
just ndiff itself.

--
Eli Schwartz
Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User