Nmap Development mailing list archives

NPCap and Replay Media Catcher

From: "Alisson ." <djalissoncp () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 18:19:16 +0000

Good afternoon NPCap creator, devs and support.

Since I discovered Replay Media Catcher software from Applian Technologies they use WinPCap as a bridge for network
channel detection and recording.

https://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/

But as WinPCap stopped, RMC evolved. Although WinPCap it is no longer officially supported, version 4.1.3 is still in
use in the latest version of the program (7.0.135). They continue to opt for the installation of WinPCap, up to the
default of WinPCap instead of the "Applian Network Monitor".

I emailed them of WinPCap's successor and that they could study and verify the compatibility of this new program with
RMC. In comparison of the programs what absurdly catches the attention is that WinPCap stopped having support 6 years
ago... But it is still used. Among other updates that might make the NPCap better.

I would like to know about you from NMap, before a clean new installation of Replay Media Catcher, whether I should
continue installing WinPCap or I could install NPCap. Could it work with RMC as WinPCap? Or would it need official
support?

I suggest Applian to study this option or another one for the future since the type of streaming is changing, some can
no longer be detected by the RCM / WinPCap detector and this would make the program obsolete.

Thank you for your attention and I hope they can be officially used in this program I use or others in the future. I
can send you the official Applian answer on this questioning if you wish when they respond to me.

Alisson Pereira
Bayeux, Paraiba, Brazil