Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat proxy pivoting

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 07:01:30 -0600

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 12:37:09PM +0000, Pavel Kreuzt wrote:
I'm testing ncat as a proxy to pivot from a internal network to the internet
(since generic pivoting techniques only allow to pivot to a single host). Is
there any special syntax to chain together ncat proxy and an outgoing tunnel?
So far I've tried port forwarding from the ncat proxy host to a broker on my
machine and conecting the browser to this broker as a proxy, and tried also
using local port forwarding instead of a broker. But it seems the stream gets
lost somewhere between the outgoing tunnel and the proxy, and the browser never
gets to destiny. Am I missing something? A bug? Or plainly it's not possible to
do this?

Do you mean something like this?
https://nmap.org/ncat/guide/ncat-tricks.html#ncat-chain
ncat -lk localhost 1234 --sh-exec "ncat remote.example 5678"