Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap Project taking the year off for GSoC 2018

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 10:16:57 -0800

Hi folks!  The Google Summer of Code program has been wonderful for the
Nmap Project and we have participated in all 13 years as described at
https://nmap.org/soc.  That being said, we have decided to take 2018 off so
we can focus on some larger Nmap projects.  We find GSoC more suitable for
smaller tasks because of its short duration by new student developers.

For this reason, Nmap won't be applying for the 2018 program (org
applications are due today).  I wanted to let people know early because we
have already heard from many interested students.   You should focus on
other GSoC orgs for now, but I hope you will keep us in mind for the
future.  It is likely that we'll be back for 2019!  And we're sending our
best wishes for every org and student and mentor who does participate in
GSoC 2018!

Cheers,
Fyodor