Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: WinPCap: Can't find the NPF_TapExForEachOpen() implementation

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 10:40:52 -0500

Marius,

This function is implemented by the Npcap driver and library, which is
distributed under a separate license from Nmap. The code is open source:
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/

Dan

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 6:51 AM, Marius A <marius.anderie () hotmail com> wrote:

Hello npcap-developers,

thank you for providing the code of nmap, I learned a lot through it.
Great work!

I am currently developing a driver for Windows that is capturing
TCP/UDP-packets.

I want to share these packets with a usermode-program. I am not sure how
to send the NET_BUFFER_LIST to the usermode. WinPCap is doing it via the
NPF_TapExForEachOpen()-function. That's why I wanted to take a look at it
but the implementation of the function doesn't seem to be on github. (I can
only find the function-prototype in the header-file "Packet.h").

Is this intentional? It would be very nice to have a look at it since
handling NET_BUFFER_LISTS appears to be complicated.

Thanks and regards,

Marius Anderie