Nmap Development mailing list archives

WinPCap: Can't find the NPF_TapExForEachOpen() implementation

From: Marius A <marius.anderie () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 11:51:31 +0000

Hello npcap-developers,

thank you for providing the code of nmap, I learned a lot through it. Great work!

I am currently developing a driver for Windows that is capturing TCP/UDP-packets.

I want to share these packets with a usermode-program. I am not sure how to send the NET_BUFFER_LIST to the usermode.
WinPCap is doing it via the NPF_TapExForEachOpen()-function. That's why I wanted to take a look at it but the
implementation of the function doesn't seem to be on github. (I can only find the function-prototype in the header-file
"Packet.h").

Is this intentional? It would be very nice to have a look at it since handling NET_BUFFER_LISTS appears to be
complicated.

Thanks and regards,

Marius Anderie