Nmap Development mailing list archives

Issues with Mac Binary Installer for Zenmap

From: Michael Swarbrick <macforvision () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 23:46:49 +1300

Hi,

The last two updates I have installed for Zenmap using the Mac Binary Installer, including the latest 7.40 release,
have not installed as I would have expected. Instead of installing as home/Applications/Zenmap.app, it installs as
home/Applications/Applications/Zenmap.app.

Whether related to that or not, when Zenmap is launched it shows two instances of Zenmap running in the dock after
being granted Administrative privileges. The first instance showing 'application not responding' as its status.  ⌘Q and
Quit Zenmap in the Zenmap menu do not work and similarly selecting quit for the running instance of Zenmap in the dock
does not work, but using the close (red) button on the Zenmap window does close Zenmap.

I have deleted Zenmap (but not nmap) and reinstalled, but with no change in the behaviour.

Has anybody else reported these issues?

Michael