Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SNMP Detection

From: Gisle Vanem via dev <dev () nmap org>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 10:59:29 +0200

Daniel Miller wrote:

The most recent problem here was the way Lua 5.3 (new in Nmap 7.25BETA2) handles division and tostring functions on
numbers. In some cases (such as the first integer component of an OID), the number was being treated as a float and
rendered with an extra ".0" at the end. This resulted in OIDs like "1.0.6.3.1.2.1.2.2.1" instead of
"1.6.3.1.2.1.2.2.1"
which is obviously not correct. I changed a division operator in asn1.lua to the integer floor division operator "//"
and the problem went away. This may have affected other types of scripts such as LDAP, but I don't think so.

The 'nmap -sU -p 161 --script=snmp-interfaces 10.0.0.1' command works fine now.
Thanks a lot.

But it's a bit strange it report that all my router
interfaces (that are up) have only 10 MB/s speeds:
   Type: ethernetCsmacd  Speed: 10 Mbps

At least 1 should be 100 Mbps. Probably something to
do with it's dd-Wrt firmware?

--
--gv