Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: http-slowloris-check doesn't work on nmap 7.12

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 17:45:43 -0500

I see two things here: first, the SSL detection is breaking for some
reason. Previously we did not detect this condition and just kept going,
defaulting to TCP. So I'm not sure what the error is that's causing that,
but I did just make a change to send a real HTTP request instead of "GET /
\r\n\r\n" and to properly close the socket afterwards. This probably won't
change things.

The other thing I see is that the service is running IIS, which is *not*
vulnerable to the Slowloris attack. It *does* have a problem with slow POST
attacks, but Slowloris is about slow HTTP headers, which IIS will not
permit. So I am inclined to believe that the Nmap 6.40 result is a false
positive.

Dan

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Omar Arturo Orozco <oorozcoo () gmail com>