Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ports per IP

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 19:31:34 -0600

Robin,

No, I'm afraid there isn't such an option. You are far from the first to
request it, though. Part of the problem is that the ultrascan engine that
Nmap uses for the majority of scan types keeps a list of ports to try as a
"global" list, apart from individual hosts. So reworking the code to
support this use case would be pretty tricky.

That said, I suppose we could introduce some other type of structure to
keep track of a set of ports per host and then optionally use that instead
of the global list in get_next_target_probe in scan_engine.cc. I haven't
looked into how difficult that might be.

Dan