Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Is any way to do scan by nmap from windows without installation ?

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 22:51:49 -0500

Volodimir,

Thanks for bringing this up. Technically, there should be no problem with
using Nmap without WinPcap or Npcap for the features that do not use those
libraries, since we do delayed loading of the DLL. In practice, however,
there were some bugs preventing it from working really well. I've fixed
those in r36227-r36229, so the next release will work as smoothly on
Windows without Npcap as Nmap on Linux without root privilege does.

In the meantime, I think you just have to be more explicit regarding what
features to use: force Nmap to use TCP connect calls for host discovery and
port scanning, and avoid trying to load Npcap by telling it you're
"unprivileged." Here's an example, equivalent of "nmap scanme.nmap.org":

nmap --unprivileged -PT80,443 -sT scanme.nmap.org

Dan

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Volodimir Kulakov <v.m.kulakov () gmail com>