Nmap Development mailing list archives

Is any way to do scan by nmap from windows without installation ?

From: Volodimir Kulakov <v.m.kulakov () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 14:42:47 -0500

Hi Guys,
You do very good job,
But I have one question regarding to nmap.

We need:  to do network scan from windows (it`s terrible) by nmap without
installation and admin rights. (I know about user space scan limitations,
but we need only tcp connect scan)

We did: We unpacked binary, copied WinPcap dll libraries and ms_120
libraries to folder with nmap, but nmap works only if we copy nfs.sys
driver to windows/system32/drivers.

Based on our task we cannot modify any system folders. So, question: Is any
way to run nmap just a portable application ? May we need recompile it or
copy any additional libraries ?

with the best regards,
Vladimir.

We spent a lot of time but anyway cannot do nmap scan from windows