Nmap Development mailing list archives

Sergey. [Status report 15/17]

From: Sergey Khegay <g.sergeykhegay () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 03:57:42 -0400

[Report 15/17]
Hello Nmap,

Accomplishments:
- Thanks to Patrick's help I was able to fix most of the problems with
  libssh2 integration.

- For now minor problems are with couple errors which Vagrant shows.
  Both have something to to with libssh2 library internal workings
  when libssh2_session_handshake(...) is called. This might be not
  a big concern.

- More importantly, the Windows version seems to work without any
  problems.

- No matter how sad and embarrassing it is to acknowledge, but some
  of the problems I faced, segmentation faults, in particular, were
  solely my own doings. I discovered the rogue code at the
  beginning of the last week.

- Although, I am glad to state that my modifications were not futile
  at all. After following Patrick's suggestion to check the initial
  Devin's version for errors with Vagrant (with minor modification of
  the code), I only confirmed that the old version worked improperly.

Goals:
o: Run more tests
o: Clean up the code