Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: `--stats-every 1s -A` Assertion 'ltime' failed

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 19:37:20 -0500

Richard,

Thanks for reporting this! This would happen if stats were requested (by
--stats-every or by pressing a key) during a scan phase where no scripts
were requested (as in the pre-scanning phase with default category scripts,
I think). I added a check for 0 script threads to avoid a division by zero,
and the problem went away. Look for the fix in the next release, but
meantime use a longer --stats-every interval to avoid requesting during an
empty scan phase.

Dan