Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE script: HTTP Internal IP Address Disclosure

From: Josh Amishav-Zlatin <jamuse () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 18:38:14 +0300

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 4:44 AM, Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
wrote:

Hi Josh,

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 6:12 AM, Josh Amishav-Zlatin <jamuse () gmail com>
wrote:
I attached an NSE script that checks if the remote web server discloses
its
internal IP address when sending an HTTP/1.0 request without a Host
header.
While this is a common issue for certain unpatched versions of IIS, other
misconfigured web servers can be vulnerable a well.

Interesting script idea! Few comments:

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the feedback! I made the changes you suggested and attached the
updated version. Note, I kept the 'redirectIP' and 'privateIP' variables
globally scoped in the generateHttpV1_0Req function, let me know if you see
a way to narrow their scope.

- Josh