Nmap Development mailing list archives

Abhishek's Status Report- #4 of 17

From: Abhishek Singh <abhishek.s14 () iiits in>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 23:54:39 +0530

Hello community !

This week went through brushing up and finalizing most of the feature which
I have to work upon throughout summer. Got to spend a lot of time
understanding Bitcoin as I had to put patch for few problems in
bitcoin.lua. Main coding period has started and now I have to put more
effort.

Accomplishments

~ Finally solved bug in lltd-discovery which causes it to crash. Though the
real problem is still left unsolved which exists in unicode.lua. Here is
the link to pull reqest https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/366. With the
help of mentor I've made commit to main svn trunk also and yes it was my
first commit.
~ As per recommendation of mentor I've made few changes in the existing
script-timeout feature.
~ Made all changes needed in http-form-brute. In case you use this script
often then please try running by applying the patch which I've put, it will
be great if you people can give some reviews over it. Here is the link to
pull request https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/346.
~ Rectified bug present in bitcoin.lua which was making bitcoin-getaddr.nse
crash, thanks @Mark Scrano thanks for reporting it. Patch can be found here
https://github.com/nmap/nmap/pull/383.

Priorities

~ Completing NSE related features in this week and upcoming will be main
priority.
~ Gotta learn more about Bitcoin in free time, so that we can have other
utilities also in bitcoin library.

Bug reports are welcomed :)

Cheers,
Abhi