Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE script: HTTP Debug method

From: Paulino Calderon <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 13:14:48 -0500

Hello Josh,

The script looks good! It is an interesting check for .NET applications we don’t have in NSE yet. I’d like to see a
couple of improvements before committing this:

-When reading script arguments use the variable SCRIPT_NAME to avoid hardcoding names of scripts in files.
-Make generate_http_debug_req return a boolean instead of the string ‘enabled’.
-Return output in a structured table or using the NSE library vulns to generate output compatible with XML mode.
-Include the @xmloutput tag to the documentation

Don’t forget to take a look at https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Code_Standards <https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Code_Standards>

Cheers.