Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap and Zenmap on Mobile Devices (Android)

From: P S <onexemailx () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 18:28:17 +0100

Hi there,

I was interested in the Nmap on Mobile devices (specifically on android) project.
I imagine this project primarily includes
1) creating the makefiles necessary to build against the android source code and then 2) packaging it all in an app that uses the native code via some bindings or directly? The UI part optimally would be written in native java?

I see some android related switches in {nping,ncat}/config.sub but I guess they aren't that much related to cross-compiling for android? Is there any related work to this?

p.s. I've already built nmap as described in the docs but with the included lua libs cause the ones in my system were too new (arch linux x86_64).

Kind regards,
Pawel

Brief intro:

I'm in my second year doing an MSc in Computer Security. I'm actually doing my thesis now on mitigating use-after-free's in c++ and should be done roughly around the end of May. I've previously taken part in GSOC 2013 with Debian and finished it successfully [1]. I have worked on porting c/c++ software to android in the past [2] as well as contributed to other projects here and there. More details in my github [3]. Because of the coursework for the past semester(s) I've been mostly working on my dotfiles in public and less on random projects. During the previous semester I was also working with some "embedded" computing boards like RPi, beaglebone black, bananapi and Odroid as part of a power-consumption measuring project[4] although it didn't evolve as much as we'd like. I did do some builds/cross-compilations though.

[1]: https://github.com/uberspot/debiandroid
[2]: https://github.com/Open-TEE/opentee-android
[3]: https://github.com/uberspot
[4]: https://github.com/pinkunicorns