Nmap Development mailing list archives

Yang's Status Report - #13 of 17

From: 食肉大灰兔V5 <hsluoyz () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:05:58 +0800

Hi list,

Accomplishments
 * Bug Fix: Npcap causes BSoD if you uninstall Npcap when Npcap is still in
use for capturing packets.
 * Bug Fix: Npcap can't start the driver automatically when system reboots in
previous version, now I have added this feature back.
 * Bug Fix: Npcap lose many packets for loopback capturing in previous
version, like TCP data packets. Now I have fixed it and tested against TCP
data transmission,  UDP data transmission and Apache HTTP server (XAMPP).
 * Bug Fix: "Npcap Loopback Adapter" can be successfully renamed in Win10
now.
 * New Feature: Npcap can see MB miniport adapter now.

* Other trivial bug fix and improvements this week, can be seen here:
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/commits/master

The latest Npcap installer is:
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF/npcap-nmap-0.03.exe

I have tested this version in Windows 8.1 x64 and Windows 10 Insider
Preview 10240 x64.

Notice:
1) You need to try it under Win7 and later, and no need to change the
installation options, just click the "Next"s. Npcap installed in "WinPcap
Compatible Mode" is exclusive with WinPcap, so you must uninstall WinPcap
first (installer will prompt you this).
2) If you have installed WinPcap, better to reboot the PC after
uninstalling Winpcap and then install Npcap.

The README is:
https://github.com/nmap/npcap

Priorities
 * Solve the problem that Npcap can't send loopback packets.
 * Have a meeting with Fyodor for the next step.

Cheers,
Yang