Nmap Development mailing list archives

Andrew's Status Report - #12 of 17

From: Andrew Jason Farabee <afarabee () uci edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 23:28:08 -0700

Accomplishments:

* Made changes to ncat --proxy/--proxies variables so that both
specification end up in o.proxy_chain_str.  Clarified error handling
and messages for --proxies, --proxy, and --proxy-type combinations and
removed unused functions.  Ran tests using ncat-test.pl and valgrind.

* Improved handling of NOT_VULN cases in http-iis-webdav vuln after
testing with against a copy of IIS on a windows xp sp1 virtual
machine.  Included comments for reproducing tests and uploaded test
results (in comments below smtp-vuln-cve2010-4344.nse results) here:
https://gist.github.com/andrewfarabee/dffc9e8c245d29271db4

* After running ncat-test.pl on my nsock-proxy based copy of ncat, I
decided to attempt to implement proxy authentication in nsock to
maintain functionality.  I added parsing of usernames and passwords to
store in proxychain nodes.  I modified socks4/4a handle_state_initial
functions to send usernames (socks4 does not support passwords) in
requests if they are present.  Most socks4 proxy servers will ignore
supplied usernames if they are not necessary.  Added an extra
proxychain state to eventually support HTTP digest,
PROXY_STATE_UNAUTHENTICATED.  Began working on coding http basic proxy
authentication after reading relevant sections of
https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2617.txt and
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2068.txt

Priorities:

* Copy base64 support from ncat to nsock or find similar functionality
either elsewhere in nmap or a library currently used in nsock.
* Finish http basic proxy-authentication in nsock/src/proxy-http.c
* Implement http digest proxy-authentication in nsock.
* Implement SOCKS5 by address with authentication in nsock.
* Translate --proxy-auth in ncat to a --proxies (nsock proxychain)
specification format.
* Test and document ncat using proxychains, SOCKS5, and proxy-authentication.
* RFC on masking passwords used as command line arguments.
* Start adding connect-by-name support to nsock.