Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug in snmp-brute in nmap

From: Roberto Greiner <roberto () nead unesp br>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 09:54:22 -0300

On 22/06/2015 09:40, Gioacchino Mazzurco wrote:
On Monday, June 22, 2015 08:37:52 AM Roberto Greiner wrote:
I've downloaded the SVN today, and found that the problem reported below
has improved,
Nice :)

but there are still some problems.

It is no longer show duplicate entries. Unfortunately, the IPv6 code is
not working. Most of the targets in the network have IPv6 addresses, and
snmp is working (verified with snmpwalk), but the snmp-brute script is
failing to scan those targets when the IPv6 address is used.
There is some error reported or it just doesn't find the communities?
It's the latter.
In the latter case it seems you are affected by the same problem as me seems
ipv6 packets doesn't arrive to NSE libpcap input queue

We didn't figured out yet what determine this behavior as in my laptop is
affected while tests done by Daniel worked fine

If you are willing to do further debugging I can explain how to edit the
script so it doesn't filter on sniffing socket and print a summary for each
packet received

Cheers!
I'm no programmer, but I'm willing to give a try. Where can I find the
info to do this debugging?

Roberto

--
                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                  James Branch Cabell