Nmap Development mailing list archives

Monspace font on OS X

From: Toby Simmons <tsimmons () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 13:36:57 -0500

In the Zenmap GUI is there a way to change the monospace font on OS X (the font used to render the nmap output?) It
seems to be hard-coded to Courier and follows the size of the default font.

I can change the main interface fonts using my ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file using:

   gtk-font-name="Tahoma 9"

According to an old note from David Ffield at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2013/q3/144
<http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2013/q3/144> it should be possible to change the nmap output font using:

   gtk-monospace-font-name = “Menlo 10”

but that doesn’t have any affect (neither the font-family nor the font-size are changed in OS X.)

I can change the font size (for everything) using:

   style "user-font" {
        font_name = "Tahoma 16"
   }
   widget_class "*" style "user-font”

but again, I really just want to change the nmap output window font (family and size.) Any ideas?

Thanks &
Cheers,

Toby