Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 6.49BETA2 Released

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 23:22:18 -0700

Hi folks!  The Nmap 6.49BETA1 release a couple weeks ago has been
successful in both allowing many new users to try our recent developments
and in the related goal of fleshing out bugs before the upcoming stable
release.  As part of that effort, we just released Nmap 6.49BETA2, which
fixes a few problems uncovered from the previous release and we couldn't
resist adding some other small improvements too.  You can find it in the
normal place:

https://nmap.org/download.html

If you find any bugs in this release, please let us know on the Nmap dev
list as described at https://nmap.org/book/man-bugs.html. Here are the
changes since BETA1:

o [GH#154] Fix a crash (assertion error) when Nmap recieves an ICMP Host
Unreachable message.

o [NSE] Support newer MS products in smb-os-discovery script and the mssql
library. [Rob Nicholls]

o Let --script-args values contain quotes again. LPEG conversion
incorrectly broke escaping. [Dan Miller]

o [GH#158] Fix a configure failure when Python is not present, but no
Python projects were requested. [Gioacchino Mazzurco]

o [GH#161] [Zenmap] Fix Zenmap on OS X which was failing with
zipimport.ZipImportError due to architecture mismatch.

o [NSE] Remove ahbl.org checks from dnsbl.lua, since the service was shut
down. [Forrest B.]

o Update copyright dates in header files and such to 2015 [Dan Miller]

o [NSE] Reduce excess space in the output of http-server-header NSE script.
[Dan Miller]

Enjoy!
-Fyodor