Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Linux local commands over ssh through nse

From: ericisriot1 <ericisriot1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 14:02:38 -0600

Sent via my Alcatel C1, an AT&T 4G smartphone

devin bjelland <devinbjelland () gmail com> wrote:

To summarize the status of the the ssh scripts, the branch is located at /nmap-exp/devin/nmap-libssh2 and works on
*nix systems. We decided to use libssh2 since ssh2 is a rather complicated protocol. One problem was that libssh2
wants to manage the socket itself and we wanted to reuse the existing nsock socket pool.
Our solution was to filter the data through a socketpair and then pass the data to nsock. I found an implementation of
socketpair for windows and the plan is to use that to allow windows support. I have been busy with school so I haven't
gotten around to finishing this. Another problem was that calls to the nsock receive would sometimes return EOF. We
think this is related to filtering the data through the socketpair but neither my mentor Patrick nor I have been able
to get to the bottom of this yet. In the mean time the scripts are useable though the brute force script has poor
performance compared to alternatives. See the email d33tah linked to for usage instructions.
Cheers,
Devin