Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Linux local commands over ssh through nse

From: devin bjelland <devinbjelland () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 12:41:53 -0600

To summarize the status of the the ssh scripts, the branch is located at
/nmap-exp/devin/nmap-libssh2 and works on *nix systems. We decided to use
libssh2 since ssh2 is a rather complicated protocol. One problem was that
libssh2 wants to manage the socket itself and we wanted to reuse the
existing nsock socket pool.

Our solution was to filter the data through a socketpair and then pass the
data to nsock. I found an implementation of socketpair for windows and the
plan is to use that to allow windows support. I have been busy with school
so I haven't gotten around to finishing this. Another problem was that
calls to the nsock receive would sometimes return EOF. We think this is
related to filtering the data through the socketpair but neither my mentor
Patrick nor I have been able to get to the bottom of this yet. In the mean
time the scripts are useable though the brute force script has poor
performance compared to alternatives. See the email d33tah linked to for
usage instructions.

Cheers,
Devin