Nmap Development mailing list archives

Jacek's Status Report #13 of 13

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 22:51:15 +0200

Hello,

This is my last report for "Nsock-based port scanning"
Google Summer of Code project.

Accomplishments:

* Continued refactoring of my nmap-nsock-scan branch:

 -> Split too long functions into ones that fit my screen,
 -> Renamed connectHandler to connectHandlerStatic, which basically just
calls a non-static method connectHandler,
 -> Factor out the NsockHostScanStats constructor out of the class
definition,
 -> Replace all gettimeinfo calls with get_now(),
 -> Updated some comments, adding more documentation and TODOs,
 -> Replace STL iterators with const_iterators where appropriate,
 -> Made routine arguments const where possible,
 -> Fixed coding style.

* Read a bit of GNU libc manual,

* Started to document my project on the secwiki page [1]

By the way, just after the GSoC "firm pencils down" moment (1.5h ago), I
noticed that one of my six commits I committed on Tuesday broke the
code. I will probably either revert the changes or try to fix the bug
tomorrow. Also, the secwiki I started writing today is missing
regression testing reports, which will be uploaded soon.

Cheers,
Jacek Wielemborek

[1] https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/nsock_based_port_scanning