Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Nmap, Ncat] Odd Nsock bug related to ENETUNREACH

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:42:01 +0200

Just wanted to point out that nsock/include/nsock.h says:

/* EVENT CREATION FUNCTIONS
 * ---
 * These functions request asynchronous
 * notification of completion of an event.  The handler will never be
 * synchronously called back during the event creation call (that causes too
 * many hard to debug errors and plus we don't want people to have to deal with
 * callbacks until they actually call nsock_loop). */

IIRC my IRC chat with Henri, this is not true anymore as ENETUNREACH
errors can cause callbacks to run synchronously.