Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] SSL Heartbleed

From: Aaron Zauner <azet () azet org>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 16:11:15 +0200

Hi,

(I'm not on this list please keep me in CC)

I've written a ssl-heartbleed.nse a couple of days ago and decided to
publish it after people were reporting a lot of issues with the one on
github/this mailing list by Patrik Karlsson. The one in SVN is even
worse. It's not much of an issue since I fixed it within minutes - but
it seems that it's mostly copied from the ssltest.py file and requires
numerous modules that are - actually - not necessary to accomplish the
task at hand. I have not looked at recent (i.e. the last two days)
versions of his script, but since I've decieded to publish mine, I think
it's fair to tell the nmap community about it as well :)

https://github.com/azet/nmap-heartbleed

Note that my script does currently not support STARTTLS connections. If
you encounter any issues, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
Aaron