Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Bulk] Re: [patch][Ndiff] Make Ndiff install as a library as well as a script

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 09:01:11 -0500

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Gisle Vanem <gvanem () yahoo no> wrote:

Btw. Does ndiff.py work with Python-3.x? Running 'python 2to3.py -l
ndiff.py'
 shown a lot of stuff that needs to be changed. Most notably the use of the
 u" prefix.

--gv

Gisle,

So far, Python 3 support has not been intentionally worked on. Here are a
few issues/ideas that have come up related to it:

1. The current Makefiles and configure scripts don't distinguish between
Python 2 and 3, so folks on Arch Linux have complained that Zenmap "doesn't
work," since Arch has switched to Python 3 as the default Python.

2. I've made a few changes to correct complaints by the "python -3" (warns
of incompatibilities with 3) in Zenmap, but I don't think I tried anything
with Ndiff yet.

Dan