Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Bulk] Re: [patch][Ndiff] Make Ndiff install as a library as well as a script

From: "Gisle Vanem" <gvanem () yahoo no>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 15:05:54 +0200

"Fyodor" <fyodor () nmap org> wrote:

Now the (hopefully last) issue is that, after 'make install', my
/usr/local/bin/ndiff is failing at "import ndiff" because it is not
finding /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ndiff.py.  I'll bet adding
the right Python environmental variable will fix that, although ideally
ndiff will work out of the box for people.

I think the '$HOME/python/scripts' path should automatically be in
Python's searchpath. Also extensible with '$PYTHONPATH'.

Btw. Does ndiff.py work with Python-3.x? Running 'python 2to3.py -l ndiff.py'
 shown a lot of stuff that needs to be changed. Most notably the use of the
 u" prefix.

--gv