Nmap Development mailing list archives

Jay's Status Report #5 of 13

From: Jay Bosamiya <jaybosamiya () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 22:07:49 +0530

Hi All!

This is the report for week 5.

Achievements:

  * Finished coding and testing the --exclude-ports option. Submitted
    for review on the list. Thread at [1].
  * Wrote code to combine parallel timed-out hops into one node in the
    topology view in Zenmap. Submitted for review (and for asked for
    some comments) on the list. Thread at [2].
  * Worked on analyzing memory usage in Zenmap before and after applying
    my patch (at [3]) so as to push the patch closer to commit. I will
    be posting the results of the analysis soon.
  * Cleaned up many *.cc and *.h files by removing unnecessary
    whitespace (committed as revision 33038).

Priorities:

  * Finish analyzing memory usage in Zenmap so as to push patch at [3]
    closer to commit.
  * Work on putting terminal into sane state if Zenmap is run from
    terminal and a scan is cancelled. Currently, any input taken from
    keyboard is not echoed to the screen. I submitted a patch for this
    but it seems like it might be better to write it in a better way to
    handle even the case of SIGTERM not working (i.e. send a SIGKILL if
    process is running even after a few seconds after SIGTERM is sent).
  * Look into some other ideas for things to work on that I've discussed
    with Dan

Cheers,
Jay

Links: