Nmap Development mailing list archives

Jacek's Status Report #4 of 13

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:17:37 +0200

Hello,

This is my report for week 4 of "Nsock-based port scanning"
Google Summer of Code project. This one's going to be shorter
than usual because I basically had to take a week off to catch up
with my exams.

Accomplishments:

* Confirmed and reported a bug related to Nmap not building under
OpenBSD,
* E-mailed David about the progress of the project and found out
my new priorities.
* Modified my regression testing program to make it more suitable
for e-mail format and finally made it run daily,
* Fixed a compilation error in nmap-nsock-portscan that was
related to copying Henri's ENETUNREACH Nsock patch without
backporting its dependencies,

Priorities:

* Keep learning about Nmap's congestion control mechanisms. David
recommended me an online book on the topic which I plan to read,
* Clean up nmap-nsock-scan code,
* Experiment with timing in nmap-nsock-scan and add more tests to
my regression testing program.

Yours,
Jacek Wielemborek