Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: [NSE] Script for CCTV camera detection Version 1.0

From: "NMap User1" <nmapuser1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 14:35:07 -0500

There are numerous CCTV vendors with widely varying designs and
configurations.  They often use different ports, web server
types/configurations, authentication protocols, etc.  The included script
only appears to target one specific type (but yet relatively common).

I think the first step in such endeavor would be to gather a comprehensive
inventory of all such devices and their associated configuration.  Then
break it down by vendor, device type, and implementation.  It will likely be
a challenging task since many devices are rebranded under an array of
different vendors and names.