Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [gsoc-2014] Presentation

From: Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 19:57:02 +0100

26/02/2014 14:52:39 Israel Leiva <israel.leiva () usach cl>:
Last year, George Chatzisofroniou got accepted as a HTTP NSE script
developer,
mentored by Patrick Donnelly. I'd ask George how did he manage to convince
the
Nmap team to get accepted. Generally, your proposal should have a
tentative
weekly timeline, which means that you should already have a couple of
ideas to
justify 15 weeks of work.

Alright, I'll contact George, I'm sure that details of last year's proposal
will be very
helpful, specially to figure out how much "NSE scripting" is required for
15 weeks
of work.

Have a look at these two mailing list quarters as well:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2013/q2/index.html (the ending)
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2013/q3/index.html

George, Yang and me published status reports that described our weekly
progress. You might be interested in how George's coding looked like to
prepare your own tentative weekly timeline.

These two are my ideas - while David told me that he'd be interested in
"Bringing lua to Ncat, part II", I give no guarantee on nmaprc.lua as it
might
need some further discussion.

Just to be clear, when you say these two are your ideas, you mean you'll be
the mentor for both of them?

Nope, I'm just a student. I worked on "Bringing lua to Ncat, part I" last
year. As for nmaprc.lua, I came up with that after the application deadline
and wanted to find out what did the core developers think about it.