Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [gsoc-2014] Presentation

From: Israel Leiva <israel.leiva () usach cl>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:52:39 -0300

Hello!

Scroll down for an inline reply.

Thanks for the reply Jacek!

Last year, George Chatzisofroniou got accepted as a HTTP NSE script
developer,
mentored by Patrick Donnelly. I'd ask George how did he manage to convince
the
Nmap team to get accepted. Generally, your proposal should have a tentative
weekly timeline, which means that you should already have a couple of
ideas to
justify 15 weeks of work.

Alright, I'll contact George, I'm sure that details of last year's proposal
will be very
helpful, specially to figure out how much "NSE scripting" is required for
15 weeks
of work.

These two are my ideas - while David told me that he'd be interested in
"Bringing lua to Ncat, part II", I give no guarantee on nmaprc.lua as it
might
need some further discussion.

Just to be clear, when you say these two are your ideas, you mean you'll be
the mentor for both of them?

As for "Bringing lua to Ncat, part II" - have a look at ncat-sa-take2
branch
to see where my project stopped last year. Should you have any questions
about
hacking this code, please ask them on the mailing list and I'll be more
than
happy to answer them. I'd really love to see this project carry on! :) On
the
other hand, Fyodor mentioned that he might prefer proposals related to Nmap
core this year, so you might need to put quite a bit of effort in turning
this
proposal into a convincing document.

Thanks! I'll take a look to the code and see if I come up with something :)

Cheers.
--
israel