Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE : [NSE script] t3 protocol

From: <alessandro.zanni () bt com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:52:12 +0000

I tried to improve my script following Daniel's advices.

After some tests, I found that both server responses (HELO.. and LGIN..) don't depend if an authentication has been
implemented or not. I send many times the same command ("t3 1") on the same server without changing any configuration
and I saw most of time "LGIN:Invalid parameter" response and sometime the "HELO" response. I am not able to explain why
this different.

However the HELO response disclose some technical information. My weblogic server response was as following:
HELO:12.1.1.0.false
AS:2048
HL:19

With "12.1.1.0" the weblogic version (my new script print the version of the weblogic server if an HELO response is
received). I couldn't determine at what correspond the "false" value. The "AS" and "HL" are quite generic (tests were
done with old weblogic version and these parameters never changed).

I might be wrong but I think it couldn't be possible to know if the t3 protocole uses an authentication method by
parsing the response received, because the authentication process is implemented on the JNDI objects.

Thanks,

Alessandro ZANNI