Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Compression support?

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:56:30 -0600

On 12/30/2013 04:47 PM, Ron wrote:
Hey folks,

We discussed this a long time ago, but I don't really remember what the
result was. Would it be possible to add zlib (or equivalent) bindings to
NSE so we could read/write a compressed stream?

I know the http-git script needed it, but we worked around. There was
recently a zimbra vulnerability that would have made it easier, and I'm
hoping to write a SPDY script, and that also requires compression.

Is there anything holding us back from including zlib?

(I'd offer to code the bindings, but I've never done NSE->C bindings
before. :( )

Thanks!

Ron
Ron,

The zlib license looks very permissive, so there shouldn't be a problem. There are several NSE libs that exist as Lua bindings to C libs that could be used as a template: nse_pcrelib.cc, nse_openssl.cc, etc. I'm probably too busy to put the real effort required toward it at the moment, though.

Dan