Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] http-archive.nse

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:03:33 -0500

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com> wrote:
2013/11/21 Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>:
2013/11/21 Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>:
Hi George,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM, George Chatzisofroniou
<sophron () latthi com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I've finally finished two http-archive* scripts.

http-archive.nse: This scripts acts as a time machine and brings old archives
for the target website (one per archived year).

http-achive-liveness: This one takes it a bit further and crawls through these
previous versions. When it encounters a URL, it checks if it still exists on the
target website and adds it to the list. It will return the archived version
(along with its links) only if it contains newly discovered URLs. By using this,
you may find hidden links.

You will find both scripts attached, so you can check the NSEDoc area for more
details.

This is very cool. Thanks for coming back and finishing up the
scripts. My main comment so far is that I'd like to see
http-archive-liveness depend on http-archive (see [1]). I'd like to
reduce code repetition. [Unless you have a good reason to keep them
like this?]

Also, I'm having issues running against scanme.nmap.org, you may have
uncovered an NSOCK (?) bug:

Running this:

$ ./nmap -vv -d --script
"$HOME/nmap/http-archive.nse,$HOME/nmap/http-archive-liveness.nse"
scanme.nmap.org -ddd

Nmap hangs with this final output:

NSOCK DEBUG [2.6260s] msevent_delete(): msevent_delete (IOD #2) (EID #218)
NSE: TCP 72.14.184.61:47605 > 207.241.224.26:80 | CLOSE
NSOCK INFO [2.6300s] nsi_delete(): nsi_delete (IOD #2)
NSE: Final http cache size (195423 bytes) of max size of 1000000

None of the usual terminal keys work so it's trapped in some function.
I'd run gdb on it but my installation is having issues. Is anyone else
having problems running this? Any ideas Henri?

[1] http://nmap.org/book/nse-script-format.html#nse-format-dependencies

--
Patrick Donnelly
Hi,

looks like it. I can reproduce and will have a closer look ASAP.

Regards

we were wrong, nsock seems innocent and I'd rather suspect a weak
regexp. Please find a backtrace attached. I'm sorry I can't dig
further right now. I lack time for proper troubleshooting.

Looks right. Thanks for the backtrace!

George:

o Lines 141 and 142 (http-archive.nse) should use string.match and not
string.gmatch (unrelated to bug).

o Lines 138 and 139 (http-archive-liveness.nse) are causing the hang
bug. The initial ".*" in the pattern is unnecessary.

--
Patrick Donnelly