Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] All-Seeing Eye version detection and info

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 20:24:47 -0800

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Marin Maržić <marzic () gmail com> wrote:

Here's a version detection solution for All-Seeing Eye, an old-school
game server service that can (rarely) still be found lying around.

Thanks Marin.  I noticed from the Wikipedia page for this game (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_All-Seeing_Eye) that it was discontinued
more than 5 years ago and supposedly the installer stopped working way back
then too.  Do you know if/how folks are still running it?    Adding version
detection probes, payloads, and scripts can make certain scans a bit
slower, so we only want to do it if there is some reasonable chance of
finding the service in the wild.  It doesn't need to be popular, but at
least has to have some decent number of people (maybe at least a thousand)
still using it.  I don't know if ASE qualifies or not.

Cheers,
Fyodor