Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [patch][Ndiff] Make Ndiff install as a library as well as a script

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:50:37 -0500

On 09/26/2013 11:48 AM, Daniel Miller wrote:
List,

Ndiff is a great tool, but it's also a great Python library for
parsing Nmap XML. Unfortunately, the current setup.py does not install
it as a module, but only as a script. I've made a couple changes that
should correct this situation. The diff is attached, but the solution
also requires renaming ndiff/ndiff to ndiff/ndiff.py

I don't see any issues with this, but I'm biased. I did take the
precaution of not modifying ndiff at all, so it can still be copied by
itself and used as a script. My first take involved stripping the "run
as a script" code from it entirely, but I figured that might cause
some folks headaches.

Thoughts?

Dan
If there are no objections, I will commit this early next week. I would really like to hear from someone who can sanity-check this solution, but I'm pretty confident that it is good.

Dan