Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncrack development work

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:47:36 -0600

On 11/14/2013 11:23 AM, Nathaniel Pawelczyk wrote:
Hello,

   I am a part of a developer group looking to do some work on ncrack.  Are
there any features or parts of the application you would encourage us to
work on, and especially any that involve data structures?

Nathaniel,

Ncrack has not been under active development for a couple years now. The majority of focus on brute-forcing in the Nmap project has been development of NSE scripts. I did check, though, and the current subversion checkout built for me.

If you are interested in reviving the Ncrack project, I would suggest looking at the RDP or SMB brute-forcing engines, since Microsoft has introduced changes and new versions of those protocols fairly recently that may make Ncrack ineffective.

Dan