Nmap Development mailing list archives

George's status report - #13 of 16

From: George Chatzisofroniou <sophron () latthi com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 02:18:39 +0300

Hello,

This is my 13th report. Unfortunately, exams are starting again on Wednesday so
i may have to slow down a little.

Accomplishments:

* Upgraded http-blindsql-injection. It took me a while to finish this script
  because things were more complicated than i thought. It now supports both
  content and time-based injections and works against both URLs and forms. I made
  it as much configurable as possible and i set up a simple web application to test
  it against.

* I've added url encode/decode methods to url library. These are nesseceary for
  http-blindsql-injection where i need to subtitute spaces with "%20" or "+" while
  testing my vectors against URLs.

* Upgraded http-archive. While the first idea was to just parse the most
  important previous versions, i eventually came up with a script that crawls
  through these previous versions and extracts links from them. It then checks if
  these links exist today and outputs the results. So, by using this script apart
  from getting an overview of the website through time, you may discover hidden
  pages that were used in the past but still exist today. Me and Patrick think
  that we can split this idea into 2 or more scripts.

Priorities:

* Split http-archive logic into more scripts.

* Post http-archive scripts and http-blindsql-injection to this list.

* See if we can get permission to use nikto's database file.

* Write a script that creates a dictionary based on common words in HTTP

--
George Chatzisofroniou