Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat regression testing on Windows - results

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:09:28 -0700

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 09:17:11PM +0200, Jacek Wielemborek wrote:
I recently ran ncat-test.pl under Cygwin and found quite a lot of
unexpected failures and some MSVC crash windows. In order to capture
them all, I set up a video recording program on the VM. Here's the
copied error message:

Thanks for trying this test. I suspect that most failures are caused by
deficiencies in the ncat-test.pl, which isn't very good. I got many
failures yesterday on Unix, and they all had to do with problems in the
test program, not in Ncat itself. Some other tests might fail because of
bugs on Windows. I'm curious why the HTTP proxy tests seem to return
status 400 all the time.

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library
Debug Error!

Program: ...n\home\d33tah\shared\ncat\ncat-env-ncatins\ncat\test\ncat.exe

R6010

- abort() has been called

I was originally getting the same crash windows you reported, but now I
can't reproduce them. Do you have a way to find out where abort is being
called (it's probably an assertion failure)? You might have to use an
ncat.exe compiled in Debug mode.

David Fifield