Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ncat regression testing on Windows - results

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 19:15:13 +0200

2013/8/9 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>:
On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 02:48:12PM +0200, Jacek Wielemborek wrote:
I kind of accidentally fixed the "--send-only client" bug. The
solution's in r31702.

In what branch, where? Can you say more about the fix?

David Fifield

Okay, sorry...

The bug was related to fselect's behavior when it just listens on
stdin. The select() isn't called then, as it's filtered out from
fd_set and we get into a loop of just calling the PeekNamedPipe. That
eats up a lot of resources until we gets some input, so calling a
usleep instead of select() makes it less CPU intensive.

I suppose it made the Cygwin tests fail because of the way the process
priorities were arranged. You pretty much can't even hit ctr+c over
SSH when it's in this loop.

For the organization stuff, I found a solution while hacking up
fselect() to work with named pipes in ncat-lua-select, then merged it
back to the trunk in r31710.