Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap crash

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 16:22:42 +0200

2013/8/1 Bjarne Grigoleit <bjg () abenadata dk>:
Version: 6.25
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zenmapGUI\ScanNmapOutputPage.pyo", line 216, in _row_changed
  File "zenmapGUI\ScanNmapOutputPage.pyo", line 239, in _update
  File "zenmapGUI\NmapOutputViewer.pyo", line 272, in set_command_execution
  File "zenmapGUI\NmapOutputViewer.pyo", line 297, in refresh_output
MemoryError

I was running a quick scan plus on a 10.0.0.0/8 net and scrolling through Nmap output (is has been running since
yesterday / 17 hours).
I did click the Cancel button and continued scrolling through the output when the error occured (I don't know if it
already was crashed before that).

I'm new to Nmap so I might have misused it.
Hi,

you're running a huge scan from the GUI, that needs to hold everything
in memory. Looks like you just went out of RAM...

Try running nmap from command line and output results to a file (see
-oX). Actually, for such a large network I'd advise you to split your
scan into several ones so that your results are stored in numerous
decently-sized files and not in a single multiple-GB one.

Regards

--
Henri