Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Tiny DNS server written in Ncat-Lua - anyone interested?

From: Jacek Wielemborek <wielemborekj1 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 23:05:06 +0200

(sorry for messing up the thread, I just noticed my GMail kept
answering the posts only to the original sender by default)

2013/7/30 Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <buanzo () buanzo com ar>:
Thats indeed expensive. I'm from Buenos Aires (argentina). Btw polish vodka
is the best. Byworova rules.

I suppose you mean Wyborowa. ;)

I recommend you take a look at bind format examples specially for newer
resource records like SPF, SRV, and there are some RRs for openpgp even. A
csv might be ok. Remember about the SOA record.

That'd be some implementing (I'd prefer CSV to Bind's formats, still I
don't understand why you don't find Lua tables suitable). Also, sorry
for a lame question, but why do you find SOA necessary?

For forwarding features i wouldnlove the server to go check wnother
nameserver for any record we dont have (in a set of "domains we 'host'")....
and proxy the response. Good for spoofing scenarios.

Another use case, thanks Arturo! :)