Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Fonts in zenmap v6.25 (Windows)

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 19:09:14 -0700

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 07:09:19PM +0200, Richard Hagmann wrote:
first of all - Thank you very much for developing such a usefull tool
and distribute it for free. It helps me a lot in my work as System and
Network Administrator.   Great job done!

Please advice if this not the right address for my tiny issue, but I
couldn't find anything more suitable on the portal.

I'm using Zenmap on a Windows XP Laptop and the font-size especially
in the "Nmap Output" Window ist very tiny and hence very difficult to
read. The screen-shots at your Web-portal (taken from a Linux GUI)
shows a much more readable font (like Arial/San-Serif 9 or 10 points).

Is there any possiblity to change (or patch) the font or font-size
used in Zenmap?   I was looking into zenmap.conf but without success.

Look for a file called py2exe\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc. You can change font
settings in that file. Maybe something like this will work:

gtk-monospace-font-name = "Courier New 12"

David Fifield