Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Weird error at startup

From: dheeraj singh <d.singh.dheeraj07 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 23:51:51 +0530

thnx friend

On 4/21/13, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 02:54:36PM +0200, Farid el Nasire wrote:
I just installed Zenmap on this laptop running a 64 bit Windows 7
installation and got this error. Zenmap doesn't start up at all.. I've
also
attached the file that seems to be causing the error (scan_profile.usp),
it
seems to be (just like the error tells us) containing just 2kb worth of
0's. Is it supposed to? Maybe the file is corrupted and the problem would
be solved by replacing it with the correct one. I've also uninstalled
NMap,
downloaded and installed it again, but it sadly didn't work. Would love
know if there's a solution to the problem, since I really need your great
product for my job.

The file is somehow corrupted. Try deleting the copy in your home
directory (C:\Users\c0mrade\.zenmap\scan_profile.usp). Zenmap will
replace it when it next starts up.

If that doesn't work, check if the file under C:\Program Files\Nmap is
similarly corrupted.

David Fifield

--
#@ker