Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Revision of telnet-brute

From: "Jesper Kückelhahn" <jesper.kuckelhahn () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 21:31:59 +0200

Nice. The patch fixes the error I was seeing, now giving the following output:

----------------------
PORT     STATE SERVICE REASON  VERSION
2323/tcp open  telnet  syn-ack Netgear broadband router or ZyXel VoIP adapter telnetd
| telnet-brute:
|_  ERROR: Password-only authentication
Final times for host: srtt: 6776 rttvar: 4774  to: 100000

This is the expected output for password-only authentication, since this isn't supported by the script. Maybe this
could be added to the description ?

Regards,
  Jesper